Pediatric dental care is essential for children between 0-18. In their early years, children are highly impressionable and are starting to develop habits that they will keep with them for years to come. Constant and excellent oral hygiene habits are formed by learning how to brush properly and floss their teeth and staying up to date with their visits to the dentist’s office. Pediatric dentist in Idaho Falls, Dr. Kory Bingham, has been serving the families of Idaho Falls for many years.
Pediatric dentists are highly trained and educated dentists that have gone to dental school plus additional years learning about how to take care of children’s teeth. Pediatric dentists focus on creating fun and educational dental offices where kids and their parents can come and learn about better dental hygiene and receive excellent, tailored treatments.
Common pediatric treatments at Rigby Pediatric Dental are the standard services adults also generally need. These services include:
- Dental Cleanings: Yes, even infant and baby teeth need to be cleaned and polished with the help of a dental professional. Your child’s teeth will be cleaned, polished, and flossed at a pediatric dental cleaning. These dental cleanings help prevent cavities and limit any plaque build-up.
- Fillings: Children’s dental fillings are sometimes different if the tooth that needs to be filled is a baby tooth. Baby teeth, as we know, usually fall out in preparation for the adult tooth to grow in. If a baby tooth has a cavity, the filling material will be composite or amalgam.
- Dentist Examinations: To ensure that your child’s teeth remain healthy and identify any possible dental issue, the dentist will examine the teeth after each cleaning. Also, in these cleanings, the dentist will look over the X-rays taken to help determine how teeth may change as your child grows and any necessary treatments.
- Extractions: In pediatric dentistry, we only do extractions when a tooth has become severely decayed, and removing it is the best way to keep other teeth healthy. We do all we can to help your child keep their original tooth. Extraction is our last resort.
- Dental Crowns: We use dental crowns to save the function and restore the anatomy of a baby and adult tooth after it suffers from severe decay. Dental crowns in our office can be made out of composite material, porcelain, or amalgam (silver).
Each treatment that we offer at Rigby Pediatric Dental is specifically designed and tailored to each patient receiving the procedure. If you are curious about our services and how they can help your child specifically, don’t hesitate to contact your pediatric dentist in Idaho Falls, Idaho.
Children and Oral Health
Our dentist, Dr. Bingham, is dedicated to helping each child that comes into his office have a healthy smile and develop healthy oral cleaning habits that will set them up for success. If necessary, at each appointment, we will help your child learn more about how they can better take care of their teeth at home. We also offer tips and tricks to parents on how to encourage and teach their children to have better oral health habits.
A pediatric dentist can significantly help your child with their oral health. Call us today to set an appointment. We are always taking new patients and would be more than happy to treat your child’s smile.
We know that a visit to the dentist can be particularly difficult for a child. We strive to make your child’s visit fun, exciting, and comfortable. We are dedicated to serving the parents and children of the Idaho Falls, Idaho area.